Munster PPS Bye Laws
Munster Post Primary Schools Committee Bye Laws
This is an extract from the Munster Council provincial bye laws:
- There shall be a post Primary Schools Committee known as Comhairle Iar-bhunscoileanna na Mumhan / Munster Post Primary Schools Committee – (sub-committee of Comhairle na Mumhan). It shall consist of:
- Chairman – appointed by Comhairle na Mumhan, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Joint Treasurers (2), PRO, One Representative on Comhairle na Mumhan, Two Representatives from each County Post Primary Schools Committee, Provincial Schools Servicing Officers – (non -voting), Games Promotion / Development Officer.
- The Post Primary Schools (PPS) Committee shall have the authority to add other personnel when deemed appropriate.
- The Post Primary Schools Committee shall appoint a Competitions Control Committee (CCC) which shall be responsible for all arrangements and control of games under the jurisdiction of the Post Primary Schools Committee and matters arising from same, — other than those functions reserved to the Provincial Hearings Committee, the Central Competitions Control Committee, the Central Referees Appointment Committee and the Central Referees Appointment Committee and the Central Hearings Committee. Quorum – three members.
- The (C.C.C.) Competitions Control Committee shall hear objections and Counter Objections arising from games under its control. It shall investigate and process matters relating to the Enforcement of Rules and Match Regulations, — other than those functions reserved to the Committees (dealing with disciplinary matters) stated above.
- Disciplinary Matters (games related) – where a hearing is requested – it shall be referred to the Munster Hearings Committee.
- The Post Primary Schools Committee may appoint Work Groups to deal with delegated matters / activities.
- The Post Primary Schools may appoint its Secretary to carry out routine disciplinary functions, provided that such disciplinary proposals come within the category of minimum possible suspensions as outlined in rule for such category of offences.
- The Post Primary Schools Committee, together with Provincial Coaching and Games Committee shall be responsible for organising competitions.
- The Post Primary Schools Committee, shall report to Provincial Council and the Provincial Coaching and Games Development Committee.
- Post Primary Schools shall register all teams / panels of players, dates of birth and team colours with An Runaí prior to playing in relevant competitions.
All communication to Comhairle Iar-Bhunscoileanna or the respective Provincial Post Primary Schools Committees from Post Primary Schools to be authorized by the person nominated on the provincial entry/affiliation form for the fixtures booklet.