Competition Regulations 2022/23
1) All competitions with round robin games (Under 19 A, B & C Hurling and Under 19 A Football) will be run on a round robin format with all of these games played in a neutral venues.
2) All other competitions will be run on a home or away basis except for quarter finals, semi-finals and finals which will be neutral. Where the distance between 2 schools is greater than 100km, the CCC will arrange a NEUTRAL venue.
- The school hosting the game must provide a LOCAL GAA CLUB VENUE to host the game. The venue must have an outside covered space suitable as an alternative dressing room area. The Munster PPS servicing officer must be NOTIFIED OF THE VENUE FIVE DAYS before the corresponding fixture via email.
- If drawn (home) teams are unable to secure a venue they will lose home advantage and the away team will now be offered the opportunity to arrange a venue. If the drawn (away) team are unable to secure a venue the Committee will arrange a venue.
- The CCC will try to avoid, where possible, a school having 2 away games in consecutive rounds. Any school who receives a bye in the competition will be AWAY in the next round.
- The CCC will try to avoid, where possible, a school receiving a bye to a quarter final.
3) Standard change of fixtures procedures as per official Munster PPS website apply.
4) Responsibility of Schools involved to re-imbrues the Referee for the match concerned on the day of the game. The rate for 2022/2023 is €50 (€25 per school) and this should be paid before the game begins.
5) CLASH OF COLOURS
(a) In home & away fixture – home team change to alternative.
(b) If game is at neutral venue – Both teams change to alternative unless otherwise agreed.
6) FIXTURES SCHEDULE/POSTPONEMENTS
(a) Subject to approval of the relevant C.C.C. NO deviations from dates set in the Master Fixture List will be accepted unless both Schools are in agreement AND that the game in question is played BEFORE the said date or before next round is scheduled and does not interfere with any other competition (Provincial/Regional/County). In the event that a school cannot fulfil a fixture they concede a walkover.
(b) Postponements WILL NOT be considered due to Work Experience; L.C.A. Placements; Christmas/Term Examinations; Mock Examinations; School Musicals or any other activity that is particular to a School unless by agreement with the relevant C.C.C. and schools and that there are no negative implications in the proper running of Competitions.
(c) C.C.C. may decide to re-scheduled a fixtures if it coincides with a SEC or HPAT assessment which cannot be moved to another date
(d) Games may not be postponed due to completion dates of state examination project components or state examinations components where individual schools have the flexibility in scheduling of same to avoid class of assessment and the fixture.
(e) Any unfulfilled games not played prior to the final round of league fixtures will be declared null and void unless the relevant Schools Officer is notified and an agreement is in place.
7) JUVENILE FOOTBALL (U15)
- All kick-outs from 13m line and from the hands or off the ground.
- Size 5 Football to be used – 30 mins. per half.JUVENILE HURLING (U15)
- Size 5 sliotar to be used – 30 mins. per half.8) USE OF SCHOOL PITCHES FOR HOME & AWAY AGREEMENTS
- Be full size and School No. 1 pitch to be used
- Marked and flagged
- Goal nets
- Member of staff from home team to stay with visiting team and ensure that dressing rooms are secure
- Goalposts and Crossbars correct width and height9) AGE LIMITS 2022-2023
- Senior – Born on/after 1.1.2004 and before 1.1.2008 years of age (6.17 T.O.)
- Junior – Born on/after 1.6.2006 and before 1.7.2010 years of age (6.17 T.O.)
- Under 15 – Born on/after 1.1.2008